Office Status – Closed Through April 10
Due to the severity of COVID-19 escalating in Nevada, agencies within the Department of Tourism and Cultural Affairs, including the Nevada Arts Council, have been closed through April 10. We will be reviewing and responding to questions during this time; however, our responses may be limited or delayed. We appreciate your patience.
Even with our office closings, please know that we are still here working to support our arts community during these challenging times. Please bookmark this page as we will be providing updates here as information changes.
We encourage you to stay up to date to help your organization prepare for a potential impact from COVID-19. Below are some resources:
- To assist you related to COVID-19 in Nevada, the state has created a new informational website.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is posting its latest updated information on an ongoing basis and recommends connecting to your state, territorial and local health agencies for location-specific guidance.
- ArtsReady and NCAPER (National Coalition for Arts Preparedness and Emergency Response) are regularly updating their sites with arts-specific resources and advice.
- The CDC recently issued guidance on how to Get Your Mass Gatherings or Large Community Events Ready for Coronavirus Disease.
- COVID: Preparedness Resource compiled by the Art House Convergence is a list of resources useful for those operating independent theaters and venues.
- Americans for the Arts offers a Resource and Response Center as well as basic individual prevention measures to share with attendees, program participants and employees.
- U.S. Small Business Administration (SBC) Loan Information and Nevada District Office.
- Nevada Unemployment Information
Share How COVID-19 is Impacting You/Your Organization
- Take the American’s for the Arts Impact Survey
- View specific impact to Nevada arts organizations and Nevada artists who have taken the survey. Please allow the page to fully load and then use the drop down button to select Nevada.
Nevada Arts Council Activities
The Nevada Arts Council is closely monitoring COVID-19 and its effect on the arts community and our constituents. We have already cancelled or postponed some of our activities and events and will being making more decisions in the coming days and weeks. Here is a list of Nevada Arts Council produced events or activities and their current status.
- Nevada Poetry Out Loud State Final
March 14 Live Competition – Canceled.
Virtual Competition – In Development.
- National Poetry Out Loud Final in Washington DC
April 27-29 – Canceled.
- Basin to Range Exchange
April 21-22 – Postponed. New Dates To Be Determined.
Nevada Touring Initiative
Home Means NevadaVirgin Valley Art Association
Mesquite, NV – Closed until March 31st
Nevada Touring Initiative
Still Here NowHumbolt County Library,
Winnemucca, NV – Closed until further notice.
Nevada Arts Council Grants
We have also begun to hear from many of you with concerns regarding the potential impact of COVID-19 on your arts programs, events and cultural facilities. Please continue to process and submit your Final Reports by the requested deadline. For those of you with concerns about current or pending grants due to activities that are cancelled or postponed, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com. We are working to find the best solutions for each of you at this time. We will notify all grantees If we make any changes to policies and we will navigate this process together.
We have also pushed back the submission due date to some of our upcoming grants. Please review the list below for details.
- Project Grant for Organizations: New Due Date: April 24, 2020
- Arts Learning Project Grant: New Due Date: May 1, 2020
- Project Grant for Artists (Cycle A): New Due Date: May 8, 2020
- Artist Fellowship Grant & Folk Arts Fellowship Grant:New Due Date: May 15, 2020
More information on the grants listed above may be found here.
Thank you all for the work you are doing under these difficult circumstances. By working together and supporting each other, we will get through this very difficult and uncertain time.