The Nevada Division of Tourism
The Division of Tourism operates within the Department of Tourism and Cultural Affairs to help achieve the Governor’s strategic priority of a Vibrant and Sustainable Economy.
In addition to managing state tourism efforts, the Division provides communities and businesses with development resources, training, and grant assistance that help bolster local economic bases and diversify regional economies.
To accomplish this, we have crafted the following core elements:
Effectively promote statewide tourism to enhance the economic vitality of Nevada.
A vibrant quality of life for all Nevadans.
Achieving the Mission and Vision is accomplished through the development and execution of two major program components:
Developing and executing a result-driven strategic marketing program that compels consumer purchase decisions through effective use of key marketing and sales channels.
Our approach is twofold:
- Create professional development opportunities for members of the Nevada tourism industry that raise the level of expertise across all industry sectors.
- Educate potential visitors through a robust public relations-led integrated marketing program and Nevada Magazine to convey the experiences available throughout the state.
The TravelNevada Brand “Mantra”
The tourism promotion fund, through which TravelNevada is funded, is mandated, per NRS 231.250:
The Fund for the Promotion of Tourism is hereby created as a special revenue Fund. The money in the Fund is hereby appropriated for the support of the Department. TravelNevada is funded solely through revenues derived from lodging taxes and and conference registrations. TravelNevada receives 3/8 of one percent (1%) of the lodging taxes collected throughout the state.
- Interim Director of the Department of Tourism and Cultural Affairs – David Peterson
- Deputy Director of the Department of Tourism and Cultural Affairs – Brenda Nebesky
- Chief Communications Officer – Bethany Drysdale
- Chief Marketing Officer – Emmy Kawchack