The personal papers of Helen J. Stewart and John Cahlan & Florence Lee Jones-Cahlan
The Clark County Civil Defense, including pamphlets from the 1950s
1930s business records from the Boulder Club and Pair-O-Dice Club
Microfilm available in the Research Library:
- U.S. Census – 1870, 1880, 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930
- Basic Bombardier, 05/1943 – 11/1944
- Basic Magnesium Newsletter, 06/1942 – 04/1943
- Boulder City News, 10/1944 – 12/1977
- Clark County Review & Henderson Home News, 1949 – 1978
- Las Vegas Age, 04/07/1905 – 12/26/1947
- Las Vegas Review-Journal, 1922 – 1987
- Las Vegas Sun, 1956 – 1987
- Pioche [Daily] Weekly Record, 1872 – 1885 (scattered)
- Searchlight Bulletin, 1909 – 1913
To save money on copies, please bring a thumb drive to scan the articles to disc.
Please note that our vertical files are catalogued on a continual basis and the below information is subject to change.
Please fill out the following form to submit a research question. The Curator of Manuscripts or Museum Attendant will respond as soon as possible.
From middle schoolers working on Social Studies projects, to PhD candidates completing their dissertations, the goal of the Cahlan Research Library is to help the public discover the history of Nevada and Southern Nevada. We realize that your time is important, and that’s why we ask that you plan your visit.
The library is normally open from 9 am to 1 pm, Tuesday – Saturday. However, please make an appointment if you require access to anything other than the index/microfilm. This allows the manuscripts curator time to do preliminary research and pull materials for your visit.
Please call ahead to make sure that the library will be open.
It is always free to use the Cahlan Research Library. If you encounter any difficulties while attempting to visit the library, please call the Nevada State Museum information desk at 702-486-5205.