Exploring Nevada is a weekly half-hour program (throughout the state and parts of California on 14 different channels) that brings to the public the many offerings of the Department of Cultural Affairs. Our target audience is viewers of all ages, both within and outside Nevada. Each program consists of an interview by series host Gwen Clancy on location with a specialist, who might be an historian, archivist, anthropologist, librarian, historical architect, exhibit preparator, artist or arts administrator. The camera goes behind the scenes to show program activities and historical footage. The programs are designed to be “evergreen” so that they may play at anytime of the year.
The series reaches 652,000 households in Nevada and Northern California, via 14 public- or government-access or commercial stations. Using the latest census figures of 2.54 people per household, the signal reaches 1,656,080 viewers. Surveys indicate 2-11% of viewers watch access TV. If we use the lowest figure of 2%, 33,122 viewers watch each show. Since each program airs at least 33 times by the combined stations, we arrive at a total of 1,093,026 viewers per program per week.
Every Day Mysteries: The Photography of Roy Curtis
Curtis displays a fine eye for social irony, a quirky visual wit, and a penchant for the odd and enigmatic.
The following stations now air our program:
There is huge potential to expand our distribution, since public or government-access airwaves exist in many additional communities.
- Boulder City: Channel 4 – Twice daily for entire week (time announced weekly)
- Carson City: Channel 10 – Monday 8 p.m., Tuesday 10 a.m, Friday 4:30pm, Sundays 11 a.m.
Channel 26 – Friday 5:05 p.m.
Channel 61, Carson City News, as news schedule permits
- Douglas County: Channel 26 – Thursday 10 p.m., Friday 10 a.m.
- Hawthorne: Channel 13 – Wednesday & Thursday 8:30 p.m., Sunday 5:30 p.m.
- Las Vegas: Channels 1 & 19 – Saturday 8:30 p.m.
Channel 4 – Sunday 11 a.m., Monday 1:30 p.m., Friday 7:30 p.m.
- Laughlin: airtimes TBA
- Minden/Gardnerville: Channel 26, Tuesday 5 p.m., Thursday 10 p.m., Friday 10 a.m.
- Reno: Channel 16 – Tuesday 8 p.m. on SNCAT
- Stateline: Channel 19 – no set time assigned
- Sacramento: Channel 18 – shows at variable times in evenings
- Truckee/Donner/Alpine Meadows: Channel 6 – Wednesday 7 p.m.
For further information, please call 775.687.8393
- South Lake Tahoe: Channel 19 – (Douglas County), times variable