FY19 1st QUARTER JACKPOT GRANTS AWARDEDfmorrownevadaculture
The Nevada Arts Council has awarded $10,000 in Jackpot Grants for the first quarter of Fiscal Year 2019.
Designed to support first-time or sudden opportunity arts and arts learning/education projects initiated by artists, teaching artists, schools, nonprofit organizations and public institutions, the grants were awarded for projects scheduled to occur between July 1 and Sept. 30, 2018.
This quarter’s recipients, and the amount they received, are:
- Eve Allen Garza (Reno), $925
- Zoe Bray (Reno), $600
- Keely Cobb (Reno), $731
- Eureka Restoration Enterprise (Eureka), $700
- Jeff Fulmer (Henderson), $908
- Miya Hannan (Reno), $1,000
- Alex Ryuta Hayashi (Las Vegas), $1,000
- Scott Hinton (Reno), $915
- Jeannie Hua (Las Vegas), $630
- Ian Racoma (Las Vegas), $858
- JK Russ (Las Vegas), $848
- Elena Wherry (Las Vegas), $885.
The grants were first reviewed by a grants review panel on June 6 and received final approval from the Nevada Arts Council Board of Directors on June 11.