Events and Activities
5th, 10:00-4:30pm: Day at the Museum – University District Museums Event
9th, 4:00-6:30pm: NHS Booth at Reno’s 150 Birthday – Greater Nevada Field, Reno Aces
Watch the video about the day:
9th, 5:00-6:30pm: Writers’ Wednesday lecture: Nancy Raven, A Postal Journey
12th, 10:00-4:00pm: AGA Chip Dig & Collectibles Show
Vendors will be on-site—find that special gambling and gaming memento!!
Are you interested in gaming and gambling memorabilia? Check out dealers tables to sell or collect a memento from Nevada’s colorful
gaming past. An event not to miss!!
- Tokens of History Article by Jeri Chadwell from the Reno News & Review
- Don’t miss an old article written by Guy Clifton about our AGA Chip Dig
- Steve Blust – Casino chips, Casino-related books and Casino playing Cards.
- Bill Judge – Vintage Tahoe and Reno Casino Memorabilia (including Chips, China and Ashtrays).
- Curt Squires – Casino Chips, Tokens and Casino Collectibles. He is looking to buy Dice, Chips and Tokens.
- Steve Passalacqua—Casino Chips, Casino Collectibles.
- Robert McColum—Casino Chips, Casino Collectibles.
- NorCal Casino Chip Club – Hold their monthly meeting and trade event, in conjunction with Chip Dig.
17th, 12:00—1:00 pm: High Noon—Shootout with Neal Cobb—Movie, The Oxbow Incident. The series is going on hiatus.
13th, 5:00-6:30pm: Writers’ Wednesday lecture:
James W. Hulse, Cheryll Glotfelty & Rod Haulenbeek, A Visitor’s Guide to the University of Nevada, Reno Arboretum
13th, 6:30-7:00pm: Ron’s Trees—A walking tour of the local trees around NHS, Benson Garden and Cherry Blossom Gardenis included with WW event!
17th, 12:00—1:00 pm: High Noon—Shootout with Neal Cobb is on hiatus.
The Nevada Historical Society’s favorite series High Noon: Shootout with Neal Cobb is going on hiatus beginning in June. Staff are reworking the Reno Gallery and Museum Store/Programming Space. Check back to see when we start up the program.
4th, State Holiday—Closed
11th, 10:30-11:30am: Artown—Reno Lecture
11th, 1:00-2:00pm: Artown—Nevada Gallery Tour
11th, 5:00-6:30pm: Writers’ Wednesday lecture: Mary Lee Fulkerson, Susan Mantle, Women Artists of the Great Basin
18th, 10:30-11:30am: Artown—Reno Lecture
18th, 1:00-2:00pm: Artown—Nevada Gallery Tour
25th, 10:30-11:30am: Artown—Reno Lecture
25th, 1:00-2:00pm: Artown—Nevada Gallery Tour
July is Artown – don’t miss these wonderful Nevada history lectures that are FREE!
No Writers’ Wednesday lecture scheduled
7th, 5:00-6:00pm: AGA Fireside Chat: Wine and Cheese Reception
7th, 6:00-7:00pm: AGA Fireside Chat: Jim Edwards, retired Gaming Control Board
12th, 5:00-6:30pm: Writers’ Wednesday lecture: TBA