The Nevada Historical Society is partnering with the City of Reno to celebrate
Reno’s 150th birthday. We invite you to attend the Reno 150 Kickoff Event on Tuesday, May 9, 2017 from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. on the City Plaza located at 30 North Virginia Street, next to City Hall.
NHS will close early on this day! 10 am – 3 pm Hours of Operation
We will be heading down to the event to setup. Make sure to stop at our booth to help celebrate Reno’s Birthday!
The City of Reno’s free, family-friendly, Reno 150 Kickoff Event is also a part of the State of Nevada’s Historic Preservation and Archaeology Awareness Month in May 2017 and will include:
- Several featured speakers including City of Reno elected officials, new Reno City Manager, Sabra Newby, and members of several local historical organizations and groups.
- A 149th Reno birthday cake.
- A photo booth with the backdrop of an historical painting entitled “Reno Twenty Years Ago” by C.B. McClellan. The 1882 painting depicts early Reno and includes Myron Lake and Chief Winnemucca standing together in front of the Lake House and the Truckee River toll bridge.
- Entertainment by the Reno Municipal Band and Reno-Sparks Indian Colony.
- The Reno Rodeo’s Chuck Wagon, a vehicle from Hot August Nights, a balloon from The Great Reno Balloon Race, showgirls wearing costumes worn at the MGM, and various snapshots and historical photos of Reno.
- Mascots from the University of Nevada, Reno, Truckee Meadows Community College, Reno Aces baseball team and the Reno 1868 FC soccer team.
Details05-09-2017 16:30:0005-09-2017 18:30:00UTC+0Reno 150 Kickoff Event
|Event Starts||Event Ends|